Notable peer-reviewed publications (from over fifty)
- J. Rafelski and S.E. Jones, "Cold Nuclear Fusion," Scientific American, 257: 84-89 (July 1987).
- S.E. Jones, "Muon-Catalysed Fusion Revisited," (Invited article) Nature 321: 127-133 (1986).
- Steven E. Jones, "What accounts for the molten metal observed on 9/11/2001?," Journal of the Utah Academy of Sciences, Arts and Letters, 83:252, Apr 2006.
- S.E. Jones, et al. "Fourteen Points...", Open Civil Engineering Journal, April 2008.
- K. Ryan, J. Gourley and S.E. Jones, "Environmental Anomalies at the World Trade Center: Evidence for Energetic Materials", Environmentalist, August 2008.
- Niels Harrit, Jeffrey Farrer, Steven Jones, et al. "Active Thermitic Material Discovered in Dust from the 9/11 World Trade Center Catastrophe", THE OPEN CHEMICAL PHYSICS JOURNAL, April 2009.
- S.E. Jones and J.E. Ellsworth, "Cold (metal-enhanced) fusion, geo-fusion, and cold nucleosynthesis", Condensed Matter Nuclear Science, 2005, London: World Scientific, p. 617.
- S.E. Jones, E.P. Palmer, J.B. Czirr, D.L. Decker, G.L. Jensen, J.M. Thorne, and S.F. Taylor & J. Rafelski, "Observation of Cold Nuclear Fusion in Condensed Matter," Nature 338: 737-740 (April 1989). Results confirmed:2001: "Enhancement of the electron screening effect for d+ d fusion reactions in metallic environments", Europhysics Letters, 54:449. ..the observed enhancement of the electron screening in metal targets can, in tendency, explain the small neutron production rates observed in the cold-fusion experiment of Jones [reference 1989 Nature paper]. Also, K. Czerski, et al., Eur. Phys. J. A27:S01,83 (2006) As shown in [Europhys. Lett. 68:363 (2004)], the screening energy of order 300 eV determined in accelerator experiments can explain the neutron production rate observed by Jones et al. [Nature 338:737, 1989] at room temperature.
- S.E. Jones, A.N. Anderson, J.N. Bradbury, A.J. Caffrey, J.S. Cohen, P.A.M. Gram, M. Leon, R.L. Maltrud, M.A. Paciotti, C.D. Van Siclen, and K.D. Watts, "Observation of Unexpected Density Effects in Muon-Catalyzed d-t Fusion," Physical Review Letters 56: 588-591 (1986).
- Research discussed at the American Physical Society Four Corners meeting, 6-7 Oct 2006 D3.00006 Construction of a Low-energy Single-wire Z-pinch Apparatus for Metal-catalyzed Fusion Studies http://meetings.aps.org/Meeting/4CF06/Event/55778 B4.00001 Laboratory Nuclear Astrophysics or The universe as seen from underground. B4.00002 Low energy accelerator for studying laboratory nuclear astrophysics.
- Solar Funnel Cooker invented by Dr. Jones (1990's), including plans to build your own, discussed here:
. This paper explains how the same funnel can be used to make ice at night (with
air temp about 50 F or less). Start with cardboard and foil
cut to about 2 X 4 (0.6m X 1.2 m) OR start with Aluminized windshield
reflector and cut so length is just twice the width (photo below, putting
oven-safe plastic bag over painted-black canning jar on circular rack).
Dr. Jones has given several hundreds of the aluminized-mylar Solar Funnel Cookers to families in developing countries in Haiti, Bolivia, Kenya, Turkey and Ecuador, with the most recent solar-cookers given to folks in Mali (2006, see photo below) and Mozambique (2007). More will go to help refugees who have fled from Iraq and/or Kenya. Updates: http://solarcooking.org/saveheat.htm and especially http://solarcooking.org/research/McGuire-Jones.mht . The latter paper compares the solar cooker made with windshield-reflector (OK) with the cardboard-and-aluminum-foil cooker (better), and it discusses a simple box cooker for low-sun days using just FOUR charcoal briquettes (see photos and data-graph below)...