Winter 2019 Teaching Schedule
8:00a - 8:50a
2:00p - 2:50p
- Tuesday 12:00 to 2:00 p.m.
Meetings and Assignments
- Physics 127 MW noon to 1:00 207 MARB
- Physics 127 W 1-2:00, F 9-10:00, F noon-1:00, C465 ESC
- Tuesday 3-4:00 (ROVOR, UARC)
- Thursday 11-12:00 (Astronomy)
- Monday 4-5:00 (Colloquium)
- PhD in Astronomy from the University of Michigan (Robert Kirshner advisor).
- Post-doctoral researcher, The Institute for Astronomy at the University of New Mexico, Stephen Gregory and Jack Burns advisors.
- Assistant Professor, Weber State University.
- Full Professor BYU. On BYU faculty since 1990.
- Formerly department graduate coordinator, head of BYU astronomy group, head of physical science program, managing editor of the ASP Conference Series.
- Former member of the American Astronomical Society Publication Board
- Contributed to the discovery of galaxies in voids, type Ib supernovae, carbon stars.
- Current research is on the character of galaxy voids in models and surveys and using remote observing to better quantify the variability of AGN light as a test of the standard model.
Specialty: Galaxy nuclear variability, remote observing, large-scale galaxy distribution
Research Website: http://rovor.byu.edu