- N484 ESC
- 801.422.4347 (office)
- 801.372.5484 (mobile)
- Thursday noon to 2:00 in N484 ESC
Meetings and Assignments
In Winter 2020 Dr. Moody's meetings will be:
- Physics 127 MW 9-10:00 in 206 MARB
- Physics 127 Th 9-10:00, 10-11:00 in Planetarium
- Physics 127 F 9-10:00 in Planetarium
- Physics 428 MWF 1-2:00 in C261 ESC
- Physics 529 MWF 11-12:00 in C266 ESC
- UARC Tuesday 3-4:00
- Astronomy gathering Th 11-12:00 in Planetarium
- Physics 127 TA meeting W 5:00-5:30 N485 ESC meeting
- ROVOR F 4:00-5:00
Specialty: Galaxy nuclear variability, remote observing, large-scale galaxy distribution
- PhD in Astronomy from the University of Michigan (Robert Kirshner advisor).
- Post-doctoral researcher, The Institute for Astronomy at the University of New Mexico, Stephen Gregory and Jack Burns advisors.
- Assistant Professor, Weber State University.
- Full Professor BYU. On BYU faculty since 1990.
- Formerly department graduate coordinator, head of BYU astronomy group, head of physical science program, managing editor of the ASP Conference Series.
- Former member of the American Astronomical Society Publication Board
- Contributed to the discovery of galaxies in voids, type Ib supernovae, carbon stars.
- Current research is on the character of galaxy voids in models and surveys and developing photometric redshift measure from specialized ramp filters.