Installing The HP In N284 On A Mac
The following instructions are for Mac OS 10.12 (Sierra). Instructions for other OS versions may vary.
BE AWARE! This is only for installing this printer to a Mac on the domain. If your Mac is not on the domain, please contact the CSR office (N362 ESC Ext. 26776) and they will help you get the printers installed.
Please note, some printers will NOT automatically install the correct driver on a Macintosh. If the link on this page to the driver does not work for any reason, feel free to contact the CSR office.
Adding a New Printer
- Open up System Preferences
- Select Printers and Scanners
- Click on + button to add a printer.
- Search for the printer by typing 'RPL-N284'
- Select 'RPL-N284 ESC HP Color LaserJet CP5525xh'
- Before you go on, you'll need to download the driver. Click here to download the driver.
- Once the file has been downloaded, follow the instructions to install it onto your computer.
- Go to "Choose a Driver..." and select "Select Software..."
- Search for the driver that will match the printer (Usually the same as the printer's make and model).
- Click Add
- The options page will pop up and check the following options:
- Printer Disk
- Duplex Unit
- You might notice that you are not able to do everything that the printer is capable of. This is because HP has not, and will not, come out with a driver for Mac OS 10.12 (Sierra). This is due to the age of the printer. The driver that you installed is the newest one that HP has. If there are any further issues with printing something to this printer please contact the CSRs in ESC N362.