BYU Astronomical Society Membership
Official membership requires the following:
$5 dues per semester
Membership on clubs.byu.edu
Assisting with the Deck (see below)
Benefits of society membership
Fellowship with the likes of us
Learn to use telescopes (we have big ones!)
Learn to run the planetarium
Write your own show, and present it to the public
(If it's good you'll get to keep showing it!)
Learn your way around the night sky
Free admittance to Planeterium
Learn better how to see in the dark
Learn awesome facts to amaze your friends
How to Join and Get Involved
- Subscribe to our e-mail list.
- Join the BYU Astronomical Society Facebook Group.
- Request membership on clubs.byu.edu.
- Check the website.
- Visit our bulletin boards - next to the planetarium entrance, and in front of the north elevator on the 2nd floor.
Be a Part
- Help the club each Friday night at our public planetarium shows. (see below)
- Spend the night with us up in the mountains! (Not really, but technically...) Star parties are more fun than most people anticipate! The club always needs more people to help set up and run telescopes. Visit the star parties page for more info.
Each Friday night the club presents two planetarium shows to the public. On clear nights, following each of the shows, the public is invited out to the astronomy observation deck on the 5th floor of the Eyring Science Center. Club members setup and operate the telescopes for the public's viewing pleasure.
This is an ideal time to learn about operating telescopes and navigating the night sky. Because the public generally has a short attention span (15 minutes or so, depending on the weather) there is always plenty of time for one-on-one tutoring. There is no better way to learn astronomy than this!
For more information, please contact us.